Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Grain Harvesting



I wanted to say that this person is harvesting rice because I assume the person is Asian and scything plants. But I don't believe that these are rice plants/paddies. I started off kind of blocking in the canvas with a mid yellow and then blocking in the figure. I became a little too nit picky with detail before really blocking in everything. I feel like I faked the bounce light of the figure's shirt onto the basket, because I'm not sure if there's really blue/turquoise there. I could be a lot more saturated. And her gesture's wrong. Lots more to learn, hopefully the next one. Image was taken from Amy's page which was suggested by Goro. Thanks them!
+/- 30mins.

1 comment:

  1. Love the detail, but I see what you mean by getting to caught up it. Your painting makes it seem a lot brighter than it really is because of the high and desaturated values. The photo feels more overcast to me and everything would be evenly lit. I love the feel of your painting...oh so feely-goody. lol, but keep goin' old man and you'll get it! :)

    ReplyDelete